1. Personal data collected from you may include, but not limited to, name, residential address, email address and telephone number.
2. Other terms in this Policy, where applicable, shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
3. Generally, we generally do not collect your personal data unless
(a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorized by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorized representative”) after
i) you (or your authorized representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and
ii) you (or your authorized representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or
(b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except permitted or authorized by law).
4. Your personal data collected may be used for any or all of the following purposes
(a) operating our website and/or its subdomains (“Website”);
(b) performing our statutory functions and administering our activities;
(c) communicating with our partners, parent, associated companies, and/or customers;
(d) updating your personal and contact information;
(e) performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
(f) verifying your identity;
(g) responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
(h) managing your relationship with us;|
(i) processing payment or credit transactions;
(j) complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
(k) statistical, analysis, planning and reporting;
(l) any other purposes for which you have provided the information; and
(m) any other incidental purposes related to or in connection with the above.
5. We may disclose your personal data:
(b) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and services requested by you;
(c) to third party service providers, agents and other organizations we have engaged to perform any of the functions with reference to the above-mentioned purposes;
(d) if required by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
(i) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal processes served on us or the Website;
(ii) protect and defend our rights or property; and
(iii) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Website and/or our Mobile Apps; or
(e) where your consent has been obtained for disclosure.
Withdrawing Your Consent
6. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
7. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
8. Please note that whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request.
9. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
Access to and Correction of Personal Data
10. If you wish to make
(a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or
(b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
11. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
12. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. In general, our response will be within thirty (30) business days. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
Protection of Personal Data
13. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures.
14. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
Accuracy of Personal Data
15. Generally, we rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorized representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
Retention of Personal Data
16. We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
17. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
Transfers of Personal Data Outside of Singapore
18. We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
20. Users of the Website are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this Website onto their computers and/or other electronic devices, they should take the necessary steps within their internet browsers’ security settings to block all cookies from this Website
21. You may choose to delete the cookies at any time but this may lose information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including but not limited to personalization settings.
European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
23. In compliance with certain privacy laws, in particular the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we provide additional rights for individuals who interact with us such as the right to access, rectification, right to object, to complaint, erasure and blockage. More specifically and under certain circumstances:
- the right to request information about whether and which personal data is processed by us, and the right to demand that personal data is rectified or amended.
- the right to request that personal data should be deleted.
- the right to demand that the processing of personal data should be restricted.
- withdraw your consent to the processing and use of your data completely or partially at any time with future application.
- have the right to obtain your personal data in a common, structured and mechanically readable format.
- contact our data protection officer if there are any questions, comments, complaints or requests in connection with our statement on data protection and the processing of your personal data.
- the right to complain to the responsible supervisory authority if believed that the processing of your personal data is in violation of the legislation.
Data Protection Officer
24. You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
DPO Name : Joyce Chiew
Contact No. : +65 66926760
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Effect of Policy and Changes to Policy
25. This Policy applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
26. We may revise this Policy from time to time without any prior notice. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Policy was last updated.
Last updated: 18 November 2022